Professor of Surgery, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, and Management,
- Understand the cost structure of healthcare and how the Affordable Care Act (#ACA) may or may not improve this. Additionally, how #Affordable_Care? will affect your training, your career choices, your practice environment, your personal finances and your patients.
- Have better insight into your professional metamorphosis from a student-doctor to a physician-healer, from trainee to practicing doctor, from healthcare user to healthcare provider and from citizen to tax payer.
- Understand the basic information for the meaningful use of Social Media (Twitter, FaceBook, & YouTube) for their personal and profession needs and the risks, benefits, and alternatives of this state of the art technology (#HCSM, #SoMe, #SoMed).
- Our live Twitter audience ombudsperson is @TBD
- Please be courteous to our front channel speakers, they can’t see the Twitter feeds
- Real-time comments are encouraged
- Multitasking obviously is encouraged
- The ombudsperson may interrupt the speaker for timely comments or questions or save them for the Q &A
- The back channel activity should be constructive, synergistic, & value added!
- Any comments or questions we can’t get to during the presentation will be responded to shortly after the session
- Classmates or others not able to attend this Grand Rounds are encourage to comment or ask questions using hashtag #Affordable_Care or #ubsmbs2015
- If you have a different interest or agenda than #Affordable_Care share it somewhere else
Voice: 716 859-3371
Fax: 716 859-1354 (confidential fax line)
Twitter: http://twitter.com/glicklab (@glicklab)